Friday 26 July 2013

Garnier Summerbody lotion

hello everybody,

First I want to apologise about the complete lack of photos on my blog, this is due to my crappy internet connection and will hopefully be corrected soonish! Then I will fill my post with lots and lots of pretty pictures!

Well if you don't live in the UK then you will not have experienced the scorching heat we have been having these past couple of weeks, and it is because of the heat that I purchased this moisturiser...

My purchase was from wilkinsons, usually wilkinsons is somewhere people try and avoid and it can sometimes be quite cheap and nasty however the product I wanted was on offer here. So I thought suck it up and go go go...

Garnier Body | Summer body £2.93
Moisturising lotion - Sun kissed look

I decided to go on and purchase this bad boy as I had developed a nice tan from sitting out religiously in the garden trying tot soak up every single ray of sunshine, and knowing the UK's reputation of being sunny sun sun one day and then pouring down with rain the next I decided I wanted to try and buy something that would help me keep my tan.

I had heard good things about this Garnier summerbody and decided that I would give it ago, and was persuaded with the claims on the bottle ... natural looking sun kissed tan - effective 12 hours moisturisation.

I have been using it for just over a week now, and these are what I have found out..

Good points
-Did help me keep my tan
-Skin did feel moisturised (don't know if I would say for 12 hours)
-Easily applied
-Smells nice

Bad points
-Goes a tad orangey
-As it is a white lotion you cant see where your putting it or have missed, can leave you a little streaky
-Takes a few minutes to absorb so you have to stand around nakey waiting for it to dry
-Would not recommend putting white clothing on after applying as it has turned my white bra straps orangey- browny colour
-You have to wash your hands after applying, this might not be a pain for some with en-suites however I have to put it on in my room then risk running back to the bathroom nakey (as I have to wait for it to soak in) to go wash my hands before it soaks into my hands..


Overall I would say it is a good product if you already have a tan and just looking for a top up as my sister was trying this product the same time as me and she is not as tanned. She found it harder to see the results after a week where as I saw mine the next day. It is a bit of a hassle when applying as you have to run back to wash your hands. Also it can go a tad orangey but when I see this I just don't use it for a few nights and then its fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment